Langsung ke konten utama

Galaksi Andromeda

adalah salah satu galaksi terdekat Bimasakti, dan bisa dilihat dengan mata telanjang pada saat malam sedang cerah. Struktur galaksi ini mirip dengan galaksi Bima Sakti, yakni Spiral.

Galaksi ini tercatat sebagai "Awan Kecil" oleh seorang ahli astronomi asl Persia yang bernama Abd-al-Rahman Al-Sufi di tahun 900-an. Kemudian ahli astronomi asal Bavaria, yakni Simon Marius menemukan galaksi Andromeda ini, dan mencatat penemuannya pada tahun 1612. Tanpa mengetahui penemuan Al-Sufi dan Marius, para astronomi pada tahun-tahun berikutnya mengkonfirmasikan tentang keberadaan Andromeda.

Nama lain galaksi ini adalah Messier 31, M31 atau NGC 224. Jarak galaksi ini sekitar 2,5 juta tahun cahaya. Di langit letaknya adalah disebelah utara. Atau sekitar 41 derajat disebelah utara Khatulistiwa langit. Jika melihat dengan mata telanjang, galaksi ini tampak seperti kabut tipis kecil dilangit utara, tetapi jika menggunakan teropong akan tampak bintang-bintang redup di tepian galaksi Andromeda.

Galaksi Andromeda juga dikategorikan sebagai galaksi raksasa karena ukuran galaksi ini bisa sekitar 7 kali diameter sudut bulan, atau 200 ribu tahun cahaya atau 2 kali ukuran Bima Sakti. Galaksi Andromeda memiliki massa sekitar 300 sampai 400 billiun kali massa matahari. Galaksi ini juga diisi sekitar 1 triliun bintang, bergerak menuju Galaksi Bima Sakti dengan kecepatan 300 km/detik.

Anda bisa mengamati galaksi ini dari bulan September, okotober atau November.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Supernova

  Million bulbs in the void, bursts into a piece as its light disperse, like a supernova, we dwell in the fading light, fight against gravity and grow red, restart, become blue with fury, sedated by dark, concourse into the blackhole, turning it into a singularity, succumbing to the demise, reconciled with eternity. We were once scintilation, before we collapse into one, so what are we now? -vic

To Be Small Before the Divine

The storm within me has known no rest. It visits in the hush between dawn and prayer, when the world still slumbers, and my thoughts grow loud. The earth spins swiftly on its axis, chasing the sun with relentless haste, yet here I stand—tethered, heavy, slow. My soul lags behind the march of men; I watch the days unravel like threads slipping from weary hands. I meet countless faces, radiant and certain, yet within me, doubt stirs like a restless tide. I ask myself,  Who am I in the vast decree of His creation?  A breath among storms, a grain among mountains, a spark that flickers, known only to the One who kindled it. The world teaches us to run—to build, to gather, to proclaim our worth upon fragile pedestals—but my heart whispers another truth: that to diminish oneself before the Divine is the only way to truly rise. For what glory can man claim when his end is dust, when his pulse is but a loan from the Almighty? I have seen men boast of their light, yet forget that light ...

O, distant memory

How’s life, O distant memory? With hesitant steps I try to come closer You seemed reluctant to draw near. and I guess I can understand. You kept the space just as it is, But only for tonight Maybe you’ll let us talk about world’s history and conspiracy theories, and you will listen to my rumbles until dawn comes. But I can’t keep my eyes open any longer. The voice of sunrise arrives, and it becomes the end of our conversation. What’s new, O distant memory? Too late to greet you, ain’t I? You seem to drift farther along our broken line. Yet for now, let me hold you in my hand. We’ll shoot the bull about the parallel universe we used to dream of— because in this universe, we’ve wasted so much time. But I guess what happens, happens. I let you drift away through the clouds. I let myself stay still in possibility and impossibility. Will I always be reminiscing you? Will I find my way to you? O, distant memory Wander home to the silent shore  —vic