Langsung ke konten utama

My Thought on Animal Farm-George Orwell

 



George Orwell's Animal Farm is an immensely powerful political allegory, originally crafted as a satirical reflection of Stalinism, but it continues to resonate deeply with today's political landscape. Through the lens of a seemingly simple tale about a group of farm animals rebelling against their human oppressor, Orwell weaves a timeless narrative about the corrupting influence of power, and how idealistic revolutions can devolve into oppressive regimes.


At its core, Animal Farm mirrors the events of the Russian Revolution, but what makes it timeless is the broader, more universal themes that Orwell masterfully explores. The pigs, who assume control after the rebellion, gradually adopt the same authoritarian practices they initially sought to overthrow. The famous line "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others" encapsulates the betrayal of ideals that often occurs when power is centralized in the hands of a few. This theme isn't confined to 20th-century totalitarianism, as the novel echoes the rise of corrupt leadership and manipulation of truth in various forms across the globe today.


Interestingly, Animal Farm also has striking similarities to Indonesia's current political situation. In the novel, the pigs who take over after the revolution begin to manipulate the rules and constitution to serve their own interests, disregarding the original ideals of equality. This mirrors how, in today's Indonesia, there are instances where those in power can tinker with the constitution as they please, disregarding its intended purpose. The constant shifting of political dynamics and the erosion of checks and balances show how Orwell's warnings about the corrupting force of power still hold true.


Orwell's other seminal work, 1984, shares a striking similarity with Animal Farm in its portrayal of a dystopian political world. Both novels depict systems where truth is warped, dissent is crushed, and power is wielded in the interest of maintaining control rather than serving the public good. However, while 1984 takes a more direct approach in presenting a terrifyingly rigid dictatorship, Animal Farmoffers a more subtle yet equally chilling depiction of how good intentions and the pursuit of equality can be exploited.


Reading it today, it's hard not to see the parallels in modern-day politics, both globally and within Indonesia, where propaganda, manipulation, and the abuse of power continue to undermine democracy.


In conclusion, Animal Farm is not just a reflection of its time, but a critical lens through which we can examine the ongoing struggles for power and justice in the world today. Orwell's insightful commentary on human nature, political dynamics, and the dangers of authoritarianism make it a must-read for anyone seeking to understand both the past and present political systems.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Supernova

  Million bulbs in the void, bursts into a piece as its light disperse, like a supernova, we dwell in the fading light, fight against gravity and grow red, restart, become blue with fury, sedated by dark, concourse into the blackhole, turning it into a singularity, succumbing to the demise, reconciled with eternity. We were once scintilation, before we collapse into one, so what are we now? -vic

To Be Small Before the Divine

The storm within me has known no rest. It visits in the hush between dawn and prayer, when the world still slumbers, and my thoughts grow loud. The earth spins swiftly on its axis, chasing the sun with relentless haste, yet here I stand—tethered, heavy, slow. My soul lags behind the march of men; I watch the days unravel like threads slipping from weary hands. I meet countless faces, radiant and certain, yet within me, doubt stirs like a restless tide. I ask myself,  Who am I in the vast decree of His creation?  A breath among storms, a grain among mountains, a spark that flickers, known only to the One who kindled it. The world teaches us to run—to build, to gather, to proclaim our worth upon fragile pedestals—but my heart whispers another truth: that to diminish oneself before the Divine is the only way to truly rise. For what glory can man claim when his end is dust, when his pulse is but a loan from the Almighty? I have seen men boast of their light, yet forget that light ...

O, distant memory

How’s life, O distant memory? With hesitant steps I try to come closer You seemed reluctant to draw near. and I guess I can understand. You kept the space just as it is, But only for tonight Maybe you’ll let us talk about world’s history and conspiracy theories, and you will listen to my rumbles until dawn comes. But I can’t keep my eyes open any longer. The voice of sunrise arrives, and it becomes the end of our conversation. What’s new, O distant memory? Too late to greet you, ain’t I? You seem to drift farther along our broken line. Yet for now, let me hold you in my hand. We’ll shoot the bull about the parallel universe we used to dream of— because in this universe, we’ve wasted so much time. But I guess what happens, happens. I let you drift away through the clouds. I let myself stay still in possibility and impossibility. Will I always be reminiscing you? Will I find my way to you? O, distant memory Wander home to the silent shore  —vic