Langsung ke konten utama

in the transience of life

 Hari ini aku iseng menelusuri Google Maps sebuah pemakaman elit. Banyak kerabat mendiang menandai makam keluarganya di sana. Satu per satu nama ku telusuri jejak hidupnya. Jejak hidup mereka seolah masih hangat, tersimpan rapi di internet: potongan kenangan, foto, kisah, dan jejak kehidupan yang tampaknya dijalani dengan baik. Mereka (kurasa) menjalani hidup yang baik, sangat kecukupan dan mendapatkan cinta yang layak.

Pemakaman elit itu pasti diisi oleh mendiang dengan finansial keluarga yang berada. Dari jejak hidup yang ku pelajari juga begitu; titel pekerjaan yang bagus, menikah di hotel mewah, kehidupan yang secara material sangat layak. 


Namun, di kesementaraan hidup ini, seseorang yang punya segalanya pun tidak membawa apapun dalam kematiannya. Mereka kembali apa adanya. Tubuh yang dirawat, dijaga, dan dibanggakan pun pada akhirnya akan luruh, pelan-pelan kembali ke alam, menjadi bagian dari siklus yang tak pernah memilih status.


Pada titik itu, mereka mempersembahkan diri mereka yang apa adanya, pulang ke pangkuan Tuhan. 


Di kesementaraan hidup ini, aku, kamu, kita semua, manusia berusaha hidup sebaik-baiknya, untuk pulang tanpa membawa material apapun. Berlomba-lomba menuju kefanaan. 


Di antara hidup yang tampak penuh dan kematian yang kosong, manusia hanya berjalan, menamai hal-hal, mencintai sebentar, lalu menghilang. Selebihnya, dunia mengurus dirinya sendiri.


Mungkin hidup memang seperti itu. Kita mengisi hari-hari dengan hal-hal yang terasa penting, sampai suatu titik semuanya berhenti. Lalu kita menyadari: tidak ada satu pun yang benar-benar ikut bersama kita, selain kesunyian yang sejak awal menunggu.


كُلُّ نَفْسٍ ذَاۤىِٕقَةُ الْمَوْتِۗ وَنَبْلُوْكُمْ بِالشَّرِّ وَالْخَيْرِ فِتْنَةًۗ وَاِلَيْنَا تُرْجَعُوْنَ



“Setiap yang bernyawa akan merasakan kematian. Kami menguji kamu dengan keburukan dan kebaikan sebagai cobaan. Kepada Kamilah kamu akan dikembalikan.” (Al-Anbiya:35)

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Supernova

  Million bulbs in the void, bursts into a piece as its light disperse, like a supernova, we dwell in the fading light, fight against gravity and grow red, restart, become blue with fury, sedated by dark, concourse into the blackhole, turning it into a singularity, succumbing to the demise, reconciled with eternity. We were once scintilation, before we collapse into one, so what are we now? -vic

To Be Small Before the Divine

The storm within me has known no rest. It visits in the hush between dawn and prayer, when the world still slumbers, and my thoughts grow loud. The earth spins swiftly on its axis, chasing the sun with relentless haste, yet here I stand—tethered, heavy, slow. My soul lags behind the march of men; I watch the days unravel like threads slipping from weary hands. I meet countless faces, radiant and certain, yet within me, doubt stirs like a restless tide. I ask myself,  Who am I in the vast decree of His creation?  A breath among storms, a grain among mountains, a spark that flickers, known only to the One who kindled it. The world teaches us to run—to build, to gather, to proclaim our worth upon fragile pedestals—but my heart whispers another truth: that to diminish oneself before the Divine is the only way to truly rise. For what glory can man claim when his end is dust, when his pulse is but a loan from the Almighty? I have seen men boast of their light, yet forget that light ...

O, distant memory

How’s life, O distant memory? With hesitant steps I try to come closer You seemed reluctant to draw near. and I guess I can understand. You kept the space just as it is, But only for tonight Maybe you’ll let us talk about world’s history and conspiracy theories, and you will listen to my rumbles until dawn comes. But I can’t keep my eyes open any longer. The voice of sunrise arrives, and it becomes the end of our conversation. What’s new, O distant memory? Too late to greet you, ain’t I? You seem to drift farther along our broken line. Yet for now, let me hold you in my hand. We’ll shoot the bull about the parallel universe we used to dream of— because in this universe, we’ve wasted so much time. But I guess what happens, happens. I let you drift away through the clouds. I let myself stay still in possibility and impossibility. Will I always be reminiscing you? Will I find my way to you? O, distant memory Wander home to the silent shore  —vic